Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebrity Reads Africa - 8th Edition

I will be there, and so will ECLIPSE and MELONY


Celebrity influence is a strong social tool; People tend to do whatever their Celebrity Idol say is cool. It won’t be a surprise if Michael Jackson fanatics set their hair ablaze at one point in their life. Mr. Bede Okoro has taken full advantage of this tool of influence.
With the Initiative-CELEBRITY READS AFRICA
Celebrity Reads Africa is an Initiative aimed to Encourage, Promote and Resurrect the dead reading culture of Nigerians and Africa at large. I once heard a saying “if you want to hide something away from a black man, hide it in a book”. Celebrity Reads Africa promotes Nigeria Literature, Celebrities from Different spheres where they gather for a public reading, and read a Chapter or Two from their favourite Nigerian book. This creates a hype which excites their fans and pushes them to Read and participate.

This initiative has been a full success all thanks to Mr. Bede Okoro and his team. Celebrity Reads has also been Hosted in Ghana too. This Edition will be here in Lagos, Nigeria and I am most excited about this Month’s Edition, the 8th Edition On the 30th of April at Terra Kulture - Nigerian Cultural Centre Plot 1376, Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Two of my favourite musicians will be there, LIVE. Thinking about it makes me want to fast forward time. I can’t wait to watch them perform ECLIPSE my Rap idol and MELONY the man with the platinum voice.
Readings will be done by:
Bisila Bokoko (Executive Director, Spain-United States Chamber of Commerce & Founder, Bisila Bokoko African Literacy Project)
Ali Baba (Ace Comedian/Doyen of Nigerian Comedy)
Sound Sultan (HipHop and R&B Singer/Recording Artiste)
Andre Blaze (Seasoned VeeJay/Entertainment TV Presenter)
Special Guest Authors:
Michael Afenfia (Writer/Author of the book 'When the moon caught fire')
Teresa Oyibo Ameh (Children Books Writer & Author of 5 bestselling Children Books)

And oh I guess I forgot to tell you there’d be light refreshment this edition indeed is power packed.
Please for your own good, don’t dare miss it… For me? I won’t miss it for anything in this world… I will listen, I will watch, I will laugh and I will sing along loud and clear to every lyrics of ECLIPSE, MELONY and SOUND SULTAN.
I will most definitely go with my camera I will take photos and I promise I’ll keep you posted.

See ya at Terra Kulture on the 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment